Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Life in Japanland 3

No comments:
 


I don't typically go to the dining hall on campus, since we have kitchens. But when I have become so lazy and so hungry, I do go there.

It's completely different than American lunches, let me tell you. I got two fried white fish with a sweet egg and onion sauce. The other fish is mackerel in miso, then the green stuff is spinach salad with sesame and for something sweet, candied yams. For drinks either we can get something bottled or there is free hot tea (which I got two of) and cold water. All of this was about five dollars.

If I am lazy during the night and don't want to cook, I get instant yakisoba which are noodles in yakisoba sauce. The black one is dyed with squid ink (note the tiny squid picture) and the left side is just plain.

 In other news, November is already half way over and many of the trees are still green. A few have changed color on campus and some are barren, like the cherry blossom trees. The average temperature is still maybe 60 or so during the day. If it isn't windy it is warm, but the wind can really make it chilly.




So many flowers out still!
I have like, three months until I come home. So basically time to go wild and do all the fun Japanese stuff I didn't already do!

No comments: