Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Vacation! Already started...

No comments:
 
Well I have started my vacation! My computer broke for a little while so I have not been able to post.

So far I have been to Arao to visit my host family, Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Okayama, Himeji, Osaka, Kyoto and now I am in Tokyo. I will make blog posts about those when I get home and can put up pictures from my camera!

(Not by car. I am going by slow JR Train and Bus.)




Currently I am in Tokyo at my lovely hostel. Khaosan Asakusa Ryokan and Hostel. They have many awesome branches and I will definitely stay with them again if I come back. Asakusa is a nice place, more quiet than busy Shinjuku or Shibuya. The trains were easy to figure out actually. Maybe because I am used to the freak trains in Boston. Tokyo is very clean and not smelly like American cities. The trains (the local metro) are so nice, no rubbish, no dirty, it is nice! I now have higher standards for Boston...

(Yes I know it is backwards.) I am not dead!
Oh, and by the way, I am traveling ALONE in Tokyo! That is why I am surprised that I have not died yet! Yet. Yet...

SOMEN PARTY!
The first night I got here we had a SOMEN PARTY! Somen is a very thin noodle. They drop it down the bamboo and we scoop it up with chopsticks! Sounds hard, but is easy!

Without a laptop on hand, I have been using my Nintendo 3DS for internet and pictures. (I do have my camera but no way to upload them!) So that is why these pictures are rather low quality. I also cannot rotate these pictures... so... Just turn your head!

Small park under the high way along the river in
Asakusa. There is a small festival, but it is pouring.

Tokyo Sky Tree. I will climb this on a nicer day. It is
close by!

Sensoji Temple. Very popular tourist spot with a
shopping street from this gate to the temple.

No comments: