Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Caught a Cat with a UFO

No comments:
 
Today I had planned to go to the rest of the Jigoku Hells, but it was overcast and a little chilly out, so I just tagged along while other people went shopping. I am starting to really notice the many differences from America, such as the clothing brands, the prices, and the basic stores. This probably won't be an exciting post, since I have done some posts about Beppu city already.

Daiso, which is the 100Yen store, or in US terms, the Dollar Store. It's not like our dollar store which is sketchy and has nothing you need. No, this 100Yen store has everything you need in pretty colors, designs and variety. This is a go to place. They also have some foods, spices, salad dressing and kitchen stuff, like rice paddles and tupper wear. I've gotten most of my cute cups and plates there.



For lunch I tried ramen. Not that college student food, but real good ramen. I had gyoza with it, which are meat filled dumplings in crescent shapes. It also came with fried chicken that wasn't really my favorite, and also white rice. It's become so common place to eat white rice that when I don't eat it the meal doesn't seem complete.

I didn't get a picture, but the toilets in the bathroom are well... interesting. First of all they are very clean, everywhere. (America, get on that.) Second, the lid opened and closed for me. The seat heats up.


We then went to a mall and to the arcade. Arcades are not little things here. They are big, they are fun, the games actually work and there are dozens upon dozens of UFO Catcher games, or the Crane Games. The stuff in them is usually really good, such as sake sets, brand name towels, giant stuffed animals and even Häagen-Dazs ice cream. I managed to win a giant cat pillow!


No comments: