Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Tonkatsu and a Bento

No comments:
 
Today I made Tonkatsu! Pork covered in panko flakes then deep fried. Definitely the easiest and tastiest thing I have made. I made fat little pork chops, but normally you pound it flatter. It's surprisingly easy to make and I used this wonderful recipe from JustOneCookbook.com! They have many different recipes that I want to try and her directions are very clear.

They came out great and took maybe 15 minutes max, because I made two. Pork and chicken is common here, while beef isn't so much. I only see shaved beef, instead of huge t-bone steaks. I also made rice and boiled quail eggs with it as well. Quail eggs are just tiny eggs, from a quail... of course. They taste no different than a chicken egg and they don't need to be prepared in a special way. They are just small and cute and fit better in my bento box instead of chicken eggs which I use to cook mostly.

So, my dinner came out great. I also made a bento box which is just a lunch box. I love cherry tomatoes, so that will be my vegetable (or fruit) for lunch. To top it off, normally you put tonkatsu sauce on it, but I only had okonomiyaki sauce, which isn't too far off. Overall, this was a great meal and I will definitely be making it again!



No comments: