Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Host Families

No comments:
 
Are quite possibly the best families other than your own.

They help you adjust into a culture. They WANT to help you adjust to a culture. They are NOT teacher, nor are they professionals. They might not speak your language, they don't even know who you are until you arrive. Despite all of that, they WANT to spend time with you and show you their culture.

In a previous post I mentioned how I went to pottery with my host mother! Well, I got a package this morning with the finished product! (The mug and rice bowl had to be fired, which takes a little while.)





















They also sent me cookies. (Which I was in dire need of), some pictures of the lots of sake we had and a letter (written in Japanese.)

Japanese class has been hard. But as soon as I opened up that letter, I realized again why I wanted to learn Japanese.

Not only this loving host family, but my host family from Sendai. I want to talk to them in Japanese, I want to write them letters, I want to communicate, to have fun, to cook with them and to enjoy my stay in Japan.

While you are still young, go somewhere, anywhere, and stay with a host family. This is the second time I've stayed with a host family and the experience was the best in the world.
I mean, look at how cute my host mother is!

Stay with a host family!

Do it!

No comments: