Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Tokyo Day 6 I'M SICK

No comments:
 
I got sick.

I guess it waited for a while. My friend in Osaka had a cold and I must have caught it from her. At least it waited until I got home from Disney. The next day I slept in a little bit, until 9 this time. I then walked around Asakusa, got lunch and walked along the river. It was hot today and thankfully not rainy, so the bridge wasn't slippery.


 I am on the opposite side of the river taking this picture. To get to my hostel I cross the bridge. The Train line bridge is to the right of this picture and there is another green bridge further to the left down the river. The river boat terminal is the building in front of "Nikka". I would have liked to go simply because of the boat they used.

Literally, THAT's the boat.
 I walked along the shopping districts, bought my brother a jinbei and then treated myself to a good dinner. Eating alone is not so awkward here. I bought unagi, the most delicious but little bit pricy thing ever. It's eel and it melts in your mouth lovely. In the box from left to right is little neck clams(the brown) egg (the yellow), pickled something or other which I didn't eat, and then unagi.


I often had to duck into stores simply because it was so hot. I never drank so much water since coming to Japan but it is just so painfully hot and humid. I didn't resort to hiding under an umbrella though.

No comments: