Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Happy Almost Halloween!

No comments:
 
So, I am not done with my summer blog posts, but school has kept me busy. Therefore I still am behind on those.

Time to talk about autumn. I mean. The continuation of summer. Daily it is between 75-80 degrees out. On top of the mountain it's cooler, usually 70-75. The humidity is gone and therefore it's bearable to go outside. The sun is almost always out except for the random sunny rain. I don't need to buy a jacket yet nor extra blankets because even at night it's usually 60 or so. The leaves haven't changed yet. It's still green and there are many flowers. Mikan (mandarin oranges) are spotting green little trees, same with persimmon which are much bigger than I thought!


Japan likes to make strange things, as you might have guessed by now. McDonalds has what is called the Halloween Ikasumi burger. It means Squid Ink burger. Squid Ink isn't just a fancy name. It's the reason why the bun is black. Squid ink is used in breads and noodles and other things. This burger is a double cheese burger with a yellow spicy cheese sauce, fried onions and some strange black sauce of some kind. This burger tasted good! I mean, it's from McDonalds, but it was actually a good McDonald's burger. It tasted no different than a regular double cheeseburger except for the fact it had the spicy cheese sauce.

Back in America I think of fall as hot coffee (well... I still like iced coffee...), hot APPLE CIDER and of course pumpkin everything. Now, I will say that's one thing I miss. I can't find a single orange pumpkin here and kabocha (the green winter pumkin) is too thick to make into a jack-o-lantern. I've been busy and haven't even been out much. Until today.

I stopped by Starbucks and had their autumn themed custard and caramel thing and wow. Just. Wow. I love it. I want it more. It will never be in America and that makes me sad.

It's very sweet, but what do you expect from a custard, cinnamon frappuchino?


HAPPY HALLOWEEN

No comments: